[Arm-dev] Observarions - Re: CentOS-userland 7 images : call for testers !

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 17 15:34:40 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 12:12 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For people with RaspberryPI2/Cubietruck/Bananapi boards, we'd like you
> to test the following images :
> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/isos/armhfp/

It boots and works well enough for starters on both the Cubietruck and
Cubieboard2.

It was a little bit of work to make a bootable mSD for the C2; I hope
later releases will be better.

1)    Sata boot worked easily by only have the uboot on the mSD and the
3 partitions on the HD.

2)    Auto-resize worked fine for a mSD image.  Minimally it should be a
script to run, rather than cut-n-paste from a README
     a)    Auto-resize did not work for a 320Gb sata HD, so don't make
the resize automative in firstboot!

3)    Serious need of a timesync process of some sort.  Having to
manually set the system time after each boot is not good.

4)    Should adopt the Fedora-arm image install methodology to pick up
more boards.

This is all the testing I will do at this point.  I await the packages
repo so I can install stuff like httpd and bind.