[Arm-dev] Epel Re: Really minimal - Re: CentOS-userland 7 images : call for testers !

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Dec 18 13:26:05 UTC 2015

On 12/18/2015 07:01 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> On 18/12/15 11:56, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> And I know I am going to need epel as well for the mailserver.
>> Most, if not all that I needed last time were noarch.  A start on a
>> epel7-arm would be just the noarch rpms.  I will try and dig out my
>> notes on what I was up against last year doing this.
>>
> So,
>
> Epel for CentOS AltArch will be "interesting" .. there is no epel for
> i686/aarch64/armhfp, and I don't think that there is a plan for that.
> Something to consider with some Epel folks though.
> If it's clear that it will never exist, we can then try to make some
> resources available within the CentOS Infra (or try to make it happen)
> to start rebuilding packages from Epel.

I believe amavisd-new (or at least many of its dependencies) is on epel,
and at least in epel6 it was noarch.

And many of the roundcubemail dependencies were on epel.

So if you want a mailserver, you need stuff from epel.  Last year after
some frustration and venting, I was pulling the noarch rpms from the
epel6-i386 repo mirror and doing a localinstall.  It would be nice to
start building at least the noarch from epel sooner rather than later.

Of course, I will not be replacing my current mailserver until
Centos7-arm goes live.  But hopefully that is not too far off!