[Arm-dev] Fixing the timestamp on files dated 1970-01-01

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 21 20:04:05 UTC 2015

First, I just tested seting up for switching to selinux enforcing and
resizing during firstboot by making the various changes before first
boot.  I think it went through 2 reboots, but my Cubieboard2 is up and
running with selinux enforcing and the rootfs resized to max for the mSD
card.

The first step I did after logging in was to use the 'date' command to
fix the date, no chrony yet.

Even so, a number of files are dated 1970-01-01; 9 files and 2
directories (one with a file) in /var/log/

Do any of these files need to be set with a more current timestamp? I
once had problems with logrotate with a file date too old.  I won't be
able to replicate that event until I let this build run over the weekend
with logwatch and logrotate installed.

This problem is a basic one for this cards unless there is a way, prior
to firstboot to configure chrony to read a time during firstboot, prior
to these files being set.

So I THINK this matters sometimes (logrotate, to be retested).  What can
be done for it?