[Arm-dev] List of 64-bit hardware for testing?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Dec 25 11:33:48 UTC 2015

The features that have attracted me to ARMv7 are:

1) Power consumption

My ROI on power savings was 15 mo. with the Cubieboards over my current
Intel SFF boxes.  And along with that is lower UPS requirements and
heating.  I have 5 boards, plus drives powered from one USB power supply.

2) Board size

With boards the same or smaller than a 25" drive, I truly have an
appliance that can be placed anywhere.

Now there are few ARMv7 boards that meet my exacting requirements: 1 or
2 MB ram (depending on appl), 2+ core, and SATA interface.

If all I have is USB, then I get the USB/SATA adapter cost and powering
thrown into the equation.  Also a board that has been moved into the
mainline kernel and distro support.  RPi stands out as being a pain.
4-port LAN features require kernel customization.

I was talking with one manufacture that was meeting my main req at
$15/board.  But they went for a mass-market target and dropped the DIY
one.  I will be talking to them again next month. But their board is not
in the general sunxi effort.  Yet.