[Arm-dev] Announcing temp home for epel7-noarch

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Dec 30 15:13:49 UTC 2015

On 30 decembrie 2015 16:44:33 EET, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>Got the initial repo built.  You can access it by:
>
>cat <<EOF>/etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo || exit 1
>[epel]
>name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - noarch
>baseurl=http://repo.medon.htt-consult.com/epel7/noarch
>enabled=1
>#gpgcheck=1
>#gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-7
>EOF
>
>Note that is is on the 1st known production Centos7-arm server!
>
>I don't know if the gpg signing done for epel carried over to my
>createrepo, and am not going to take the time to test it, but others
>can
>and tell me  :)
>
>I will set up a cron job to update this repo weekly.  For example,
>roundcubemail is 1.1.3 with 1.1.4 in testing.  At some point it will
>get
>moved, and I will pick it up on my weekly repo update.
>
>This is TEMPORARY!
>
>I do have a 3Mb uplink, but I really don't want to be the long-running
>home for this.  At some point we want to get the epel team to at least
>provide a noarch repo, but prefereably the armv7 repo.

Of course things would be different if you'd include arm packages, not only mirrored noarch content but for now if all you want is a public epel/noarch repo, the much more reliable approach is to edit the standard yum repo definitions as installed by epel-release and add includepkgs = noarch. You will retain access to everything that fedora's mirror system provides.