[Arm-dev] CentOS-userland 7 images : call for testers !

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 31 12:59:05 UTC 2015

On 12/31/2015 06:05 AM, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> On 31/12/15 01:57, Carl T. Miller wrote:
>>> I had earlier written about not being able to boot from the CentOS
>>> Userland image on my Raspberry Pi. It is a Model B+ 512MB from
>>> element14.
>> Well, CentOS 7 Userland only works on armhfp/armv7hl boards, like
>> Rpi2, not Rpi1 (which is armv6hl ).
>> In your first mail you mentioned rpi2, while now you mention the B+
>> model (with 512Mb, which is the rpi1).
>> Can you confirm that it's indeed the rpi1 model ? If so you know now
>> why it doesn't work.
> Yes, it is an rpi1.  Are there plans to ever port CentOS Userland
> to to armv6hl?  Also, would you consider updating the wiki page
> to make it more clear about which models are supported?  That
> would save some frustration for people like me who find the page
> when searching for "centos on rpi".

The Redsleeve project has armv5 support.  Pretty decent group of people.

But the approach taken here precludes the armv5 (and v6) architecture.
Lots of reasons why, it seems, but this issue was beaten up a lot over
on the Fedora-arm list years ago and Centos7-arm inherits the Fedora-arm
work, just like Centos7-x86_64 does the Fedora-x86_64...