[Arm-dev] CentOS-userland 7 images : call for testers !

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 31 13:14:15 UTC 2015

On 12/31/2015 06:05 AM, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> On 31/12/15 01:57, Carl T. Miller wrote:
>>> I had earlier written about not being able to boot from the CentOS
>>> Userland image on my Raspberry Pi. It is a Model B+ 512MB from
>>> element14.
>> Well, CentOS 7 Userland only works on armhfp/armv7hl boards, like
>> Rpi2, not Rpi1 (which is armv6hl ).
>> In your first mail you mentioned rpi2, while now you mention the B+
>> model (with 512Mb, which is the rpi1).
>> Can you confirm that it's indeed the rpi1 model ? If so you know now
>> why it doesn't work.
> Yes, it is an rpi1.  Are there plans to ever port CentOS Userland
> to to armv6hl?  Also, would you consider updating the wiki page
> to make it more clear about which models are supported?  That
> would save some frustration for people like me who find the page
> when searching for "centos on rpi".

And the wiki does say armv7.  I guess it expects people who work and
play with arm SOC know which ARM ver they have...

And the image at http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/armhfp/ is for
the RPi2.

I mean, I would like support here for the Kirkwood board, so I could run
it on my Pogoplug.  I am running RSEL7 on it instead.

Raspberry made quite a todo about their RPi2 being armv7 as a leap
forward in things...