[Arm-dev] CentOS-userland 7 images : call for testers !

Wed Dec 16 14:33:22 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 12:12 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For people with RaspberryPI2/Cubietruck/Bananapi boards, we'd like you
> to test the following images :
> http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/isos/armhfp/

Build mSD for Cubietruck and booted ok.

capturing sceen output and I see you are using ubbot 2015/10  good and
current.  I will have to find out from Hans if he has the WiFi working
yet.  Probably should try out the F24 beta for that first. He had
patches the kernel with 2015/08 uboot, so I think it is a question of
the status of those kernel patches.

I see the following in the screen capture:

Found /extlinux/extlinux.conf
Retrieving file: /extlinux/extlinux.conf
333 bytes read in 196 ms (1000 Bytes/s)
Ignoring unknown command: ui
Ignoring malformed menu command:  autoboot
Ignoring unknown command: totaltimeout
centos Options
1:    centos

?

First thing on logging in is checking date and of course it is at Zero
and need to use the date command to fix.  There has been quite a thread
on setting date on firstboot on the Fedora-arm list and elsewhere.  It
kind of works with Fedora, most of the time.  It will be interesting to
see what the time is on second boot, after I fix the partition size.
Again, Fedora tends to get the time off the network on all subsequent boots.

semanage not found (I believe from policycoreutils-python).  I need this
to move ssh:

semanage port -a -t ssh_port_t -p tcp 1234
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=1234/tcp
firewall-cmd --reload

Though I see that selinux is permissive, so I probably can move it and
only get yelled at a little bit, rather than SSH not restarting after
the port move.  Yep, I can move SSH with selinux in permissive.  Can't
if enforce without semanage.

the auto resizing of the rootfs worked:

# parted /dev/mmcblk0 print
Model: SD SD8GB (sd/mmc)
Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 7969MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system     Flags
  1      1049kB  316MB   315MB   primary  ext3
  2      316MB   852MB   537MB   primary  linux-swap(v1)
  3      852MB   7969MB  7117MB  primary  ext4

for starters, how about putting a /root/resize script there besides the
README, making it a bit easier to do rather than cutting and pasting?
Shortly I will put the image on a sata drive and test the uboot boot
from sata (mSD only having uboot) and see if the resizing works on the HD.

And is there any easy way of enlarging the swap drive?  My Cubietruck
mailserver, running RSEL6 has a larger swap drive, given all that a
mailserver runs.  I have done this using gparted on my notebook by first
moving the rootfs, then enlarging swap.  So there must be a way to do
this command line wise.

System time was not set after resizing reboot; I had to fix it with
'date mmddhhmmccyy'.  This needs to be addressed.

Ok, next is to test the HD boot.  The process is to build a cheap mSD
with only the uboot (do the dd, then delete the 2 partitions). Then dd
to a HD.  Hook it all up and boot!  Well hopefully!  Stay tuned...