[Arm-dev] Epel Re: Really minimal - Re: CentOS-userland 7 images : call for testers !

Fri Dec 18 17:14:11 UTC 2015

On 12/18/2015 11:34 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> On 18/12/15 17:27, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>
>> On 12/18/2015 11:18 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>>>
>>> On 18/12/15 15:18, Robert Moskowitz wrote: <big snip>
>>>>
>>> So, afaik release announcement will be sent today, as it's now
>>> already public anyway :
>>> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/os/armhfp/
>> What changes are needed for yum to point to this?
>>
>>> (and extras/updates/isos are there too)
>> and these....
>>
> Nothing : if you used the images that were on buildlogs.centos.org
> (the ones I pushed, not the first PoC from several weeks/months ago),
> those contain (through the centos-userland-release package) the
> correct CentOS-Base.repo, including the gpg key

Ah, so I pull down a new Cubietruck image and go with that.  No problem.

I am assuming that you are still on uboot 2015-10, and so I can continue
to use the uboot only mSD cards and just put this image on my sata HD.

> Just be sure that sha256sum are the correct ones, as the ones pushed
> here : http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/armhfp/

I did search for the images by going up the tree from the os and then
back down.  So I am downloading the Cubietruck image and will check the
hash.

> I've just reinitialized two boards/SD cards here with those images,
> and ran "yum update" on those two , flawlessly :-)

Now you have to switch to the performance joy of running the image on a
HD rather than the SD card!