[Arm-dev] Implementing on beaglebone black.

Tue Dec 29 05:37:44 UTC 2015
Mandar Joshi <emailmandar at gmail.com>

A BeagleboneBlack user. Awesome!
If Robert's method works for you, you won't have to follow the rest of
this email.
If it modifies the entire bootloader area, it will work and you wont
have to generate an image yourself.
The current available image for CentOS is for the Cubietruck and Raspberry Pi 2.

If you have to or want to generate an image yourself, you can use
RootFS Build Factory.

> I am looking into putting Centos on my Beaglebone Black, and I came across
> your rootfs factory.  I'm wondering how it works and what is the high->low
> level of implementing.

About RootFS Build Factory:
It is a set of tools and scripts to generate rootfs images for 32-bit
ARM Boards. It uses XML templates to get information about boards and
Python & Shell Scripts to build and write image images to cards.

> Do I need an existing arm binary system?
Yes to generate RootFS images, you do. Or you could do so in Qemu.

> Currently Beaglebone black comes with debian, and my desktop is debian, how
> would I use your scripts, to make the initial image?

git clone https://github.com/mndar/rbf.git
You will need Python2. (if it's not already there).
There are two approaches you could take
    1. Generate and image just for your board. Presently this uses
bootloader NOT built on the CentOS servers.
       ./rbf.py build templates/beaglebone_centos_71511.xml

 2. Generate a generic image first, then write it using
rbfinstaller.py to your card.
       ./rbf.py build templates/qemu_centos_71511.xml (this will
generate an image without a bootloader)
       ./rbfinstaller.py beaglebone-image.img /dev/sdb (change
/dev/sdb according to your card writer)
        (Again, this second step uses the bootloader from the github
repo and is not the one built on the CentOS servers)

> The end goal is to have a centos system with Selinux enabled.

I personally haven't tested SELinux that much. But there is an option
to set its mode while generating the image.

Regards
Mandar Joshi

PS: These changes have to be made yet.
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/arm-dev/2015-December/001352.html
Fabain, let me know when you'll have time to discuss.