[Arm-dev] Work in progress ARM v7 port

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Feb 17 19:17:08 UTC 2015

Great to see this.

You could be using the Fedora 21 arm builds and source for your starting
point.  It has direct installation on a number of cards. You have to dig
a bit on the Fedora download site to find them, but they are there.

Or go with F22 beta that is just starting.  This has the advantage of a
newer uboot and 3.19 kernel; both give better support for a number of
boards, including work on the Banana Pi R1 (makes a great router).

F22 can be gotten from
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/tasks?state=all&view=tree&method=appliance&order=-id

Now I use the Cubieboards.  These have sata, so you can have even better
performance and safety than working with an SD card.  I have a number
running both Redsleeve 6 and Fedora 21.  Anything with the Allwinner
SoC, you want F22 uboot and kernel to get video support (I am having
problems with the usb disconnecting and waiting for a fix on that).

Raspberry Pi 2 work is also being done with F22 (well Rawhide until
today when F22 build got approved for beta).

Check out the Fedora-arm list for what has been going on there.

But great to see this post.