[Arm-dev] Current F22 uboot/kernel supports sata boot

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Feb 27 21:39:55 UTC 2015

Kind of; for those devices with sata.  You still have to have uboot on
the SD card; at some point in the future you will be able to copy it to
NAND.

So I have modified the installer script to support this; having the
small SD card and the sata drive mounted together on your host system
for the build step. I have sent my mods in.

Just one more step down the road of making this 'easy' for use. Will
always need the SD card for firstboot, then some step to copy it to NAND
for future boots.

I was having some problems at first and saw some intersesting messages
on the serial console.  Thus I would not be supprised if USB boot would
work just as well.  I will try that next week with an IDE drive on a USB
adapter.