[Arm-dev] Work in progress ARM v7 port

Wed Feb 18 15:37:39 UTC 2015

On 02/18/2015 09:58 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 17/02/15 19:17, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Great to see this.
>>
>> You could be using the Fedora 21 arm builds and source for your starting
>> point.  It has direct installation on a number of cards. You have to dig
>> a bit on the Fedora download site to find them, but they are there.
> the dep tree's on f21 make it harder to map the el7 codebase, we can
> certainly learn and lean on the work done in the fedora ecosystem around
> the board support though - and I know lots of folks in that area are
> keen to help make the CentOS ARM story complete as possible.

And it will be harder to support many boards with earlier code bases.
It is the uboot and kernel (3.19) that you want, as you know.  Until
then, you will be doing remixes for each board which will be harder in
its own way.

Having some problems with the USB and Cubieboard with the latest
Rawhide.  Was told it is on the list of many things to figure out and
fix.  It is that sort of thing that we will need in the end to have
broad board support.