[Arm-dev] Howto / bananapi

Mandar Joshi

emailmandar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 10:30:48 UTC 2015

> question for mandar : what kernel is used in the bananapi image
> generation at the moment ? I dont think its actually using the kernel
> from the rpm in distro at all!

For Banana Pi, the stock CentOS kernel i.e. the one from the
repositories Fabian has created is being used. Kernel version is
4.0.0-1.el7.armv7hl
Just to add to this:
The U-Boot being used has been compiled from git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git

For your Bananapi R1/Lamobo R1, from what I've read so far, two bits
are missing from the standard repos
1. U-Boot
2. Driver for the switch
I had looked for a U-Boot for the R1 when you first posted the
question and found this page
http://www.igorpecovnik.com/2014/09/07/banana-pi-debian-sd-image/

-Mandar