[Arm-dev] enough packages for a @core install ?

cc35359 at gmail.com cc35359 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:44:40 UTC 2015

Used a 1gb usb card, formatted to xfs and mounted to /mnt/rootfs

$ mkdir -p /mnt/rootfs/var/lib/rpm

$ rpm --root /mnt/rootfs --initdb

$ yumdownloader --destdir=/var/tmp centos-release

$ cd /var/tmp

$ rpm --root /mnt/rootfs -ivh --nodeps centos-release*rpm

$ cp /etc/yum.repos.d/pass1.repo /mnt/rootfs/etc/yum.repos.d/

$ cp /etc/yum.repos.d/buildroot.repo /mnt/rootfs/etc/yum.repos.d/

$ yum --installroot=/mnt/rootfs -y groupinstall @core

Now, this was only a test. As I did not make a boot partition (though the raspi needs special stuff on the /boot partition and has to be fat32).

In order to actually try the image, i need to make a /boot partition on an sdcard, dd this usb stick onto a / partition, mount it, change the /etc/fstab, load the raspi firmware/kernel/config/cmdline, and it should in theory boot.

Thoughts on this method? It appears to have installed everything and built the database fine as I can chroot into it and everything seems to work.