[Arm-dev] zfs-fuse and dracut

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Tue Jun 9 22:45:36 UTC 2015

Dear listers,

I have modified the ZoL dracut module so it works with zfs-fuse. So if
you wanted to be able to use zfs-fuse with a normal initrd with standard
interoperability (e.g. have the initrd rebuilt automatically on kernel
upgrades), now you can!

There is no longer any need to slum it with lesser file systems, even if
you are using a 32-bit system (i686, armv5tel, armv7hl, etc.) that
doesn't play with with ZoL. :)

I am using this on my ARM Chromebook running RedSleeve 7. You can find
the code here:

zfs-fuse-dracut:
https://github.com/gordan-bobic/zfs-fuse-dracut

zfs-fuse:
https://github.com/gordan-bobic/zfs-fuse
This is a fork of Emmanuel's branch that includes support for pool
versions up to and including v26.

It includes:
1) Latest modifications I made to improve systemd interoperability.
2) Some out of tree patches that that have been shipping with Fedora and
Debian

It does not yet include any backported patches from Seth's zfs-fuse
github tree as I have not yet had time to review the patches since the
repository divergence.

RPMs are here:
http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/el7-extra/SRPMS/zfs-fuse-0.7.1-2.el7.src.rpm
http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/el7-extra/RPMS/armv5tel/zfs-fuse-0.7.1-2.el7.armv5tel.rpm

Please try it and report any bugs you encounter.

Many thanks.

Gordan