[Arm-dev] enough packages for a @core install ?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Jun 10 14:54:27 UTC 2015

On 06/06/2015 07:25 PM, Mandar Joshi wrote:

>> You'll have to run dracut yourself to build one, as far as I am aware, I'm
>> used to a raspi which needs to use binary firmware, and the generic kernel
>> doesn't work as well as the one compiled by the raspi foundation
>>

> cc35359,
> Running dracut manually did the trick. I am able to use CentOS7 stock
> kernel on my Cubietruck3.
>
> Gordan,
> I am using the kernel that is available in the CentOS Repo
> vmlinuz-4.0.0-1.el7.armv7hl
>
> Ok, so the next task
> I created a disk image using dd and installed @core and kernel. This
> works on the Cubietruck3.

Do you mind sharing how you created the disk image and kernel .. did you
write it to nand or sd card.

I have a cubietruck and have installed Fedora20 .. I have no idea how to
do anything else with it, but I would like to learn how to take either a
chroot'ed area or a mounted SD Card and create a bootable image for that.

If I can get something decent working, we'll be showing it at Red Hat
Summit in a couple of weeks at the CentOS room.