[Arm-dev] armv7hl - centos 7.1 rebuild status

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 20:33:11 UTC 2015

> The filesystem rpm also has issues on the raspi2 .. it fails to install
> either while creating the image OR afterwards .. and a weird symlink
> happens in / that looks like this:
>
> lib;0001e142 -> usr/lib
>
> Here is the error:
>
> Error unpacking rpm package filesystem-3.2-18.el7.armv7hl
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /lib: cpio: rename
>   Verifying  : filesystem-3.2-18.el7.armv7hl
>

> But that also works on cubietruck.
>
> These issues could be related as filesystem is just a bunch of
> directories so something is happening with symlinking or renaming of
> directories.

Found the problem. In case of a custom kernel (Rpi2 and Odroid C1) the
kernel modules were being copied before installing packages. The
kernel modules go in /lib. I guess that is what was causing the
problem. /lib being present before installing the filesystem rpm
I moved the installation of kernel after network config and tested
generation of images for Rpi2 and OdroidC1. No more errors! I uploaded
changes to the github repo.
However, I haven't tested the change thoroughly. Just generated the images once.