[Arm-dev] Need Help With Fixing These armv7hl Build Failures

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Jun 26 15:57:52 UTC 2015

All,

People have been asking how they can help the armv7hl (32-bit) build
process.

There are currently a bunch of packages that have not built in our build
passes so far.  Most of those just require other non-built packages ..
so those we can ignore from now (since, that just requires rebuilding
packages in a loop if there are no real build errors).

But, there are some packages that actually have real build errors ...
that is, all the requirements are met and they are actually failing
while trying to build.  These packages actually need to get patched or
something else to actually build.  Here is the list of those packages
that need research and fixed to actually build:

4266-bacula-5.2.13-18.el7
4269-base64coder-20101219-10.el7
4350-compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-72.el7
4351-compat-gcc-34-3.4.6-32.el7
4352-compat-gcc-44-4.4.7-8.el7
4353-compat-glibc-2.12-4.el7.centos
4444-easymock2-2.5.2-12.el7
4520-fop-1.1-6.el7
4579-glassfish-fastinfoset-1.2.12-9.el7
4703-hamcrest-1.3-6.el7
4948-ipxe-20130517-6.gitc4bce43.el7
4949-irqbalance-1.0.7-1.el7
4978-java_cup-0.11a-16.el7
5024-junit-4.11-8.el7
5127-libcap-ng-0.7.3-5.el7
5532-mesa-10.2.7-5.20140910.el7
5649-objectweb-asm-3.3.1-9.el7
5650-objectweb-asm4-4.0-3.el7
5691-openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7.centos.2
5790-perl-Date-Calc-6.3-13.el7
6170-pyparted-3.9-11.el7
6270-qt-4.8.5-8.el7
6328-sac-1.3-17.el7
6405-softhsm-2.0.0b1-4.el7
6486-telepathy-glib-0.20.4-5.el7
6511-tomcat-7.0.54-1.el7
6588-wsdl4j-1.6.3-3.el7
6589-ws-jaxme-0.5.2-10.el7
6594-xalan-j2-2.7.1-23.el7
6618-xml-commons-apis-1.4.01-16.el7
6619-xml-commons-resolver-1.2-15.el7
6695-atlas-3.10.1-7.el7.centos.0.1

You can actually find the root and build logs of those packages here
(under the above listed directories):

http://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/c7-pass-1-previous-buildlogs/

What do we need for people to do to help ... review the build logs for
the above packages and figure out what needs to be done to make them
build.  Please submit actual fixes to this thread.  I will update the
list of packages as we fix them.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes