[Arm-dev] Need Help With Fixing These armv7hl Build Failures

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Jun 26 16:09:42 UTC 2015

On 06/26/2015 12:01 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 06/26/2015 11:57 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> People have been asking how they can help the armv7hl (32-bit) build
>> process.
>>
>> There are currently a bunch of packages that have not built in our build
>> passes so far.  Most of those just require other non-built packages ..
>> so those we can ignore from now (since, that just requires rebuilding
>> packages in a loop if there are no real build errors).
>>
>> But, there are some packages that actually have real build errors ...
>> that is, all the requirements are met and they are actually failing
>> while trying to build.  These packages actually need to get patched or
>> something else to actually build.  Here is the list of those packages
>> that need research and fixed to actually build:
>>
>> 4266-bacula-5.2.13-18.el7
>> 4269-base64coder-20101219-10.el7
>> 4350-compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-72.el7
>> 4351-compat-gcc-34-3.4.6-32.el7
>> 4352-compat-gcc-44-4.4.7-8.el7
>> 4353-compat-glibc-2.12-4.el7.centos
>> 4444-easymock2-2.5.2-12.el7
>> 4520-fop-1.1-6.el7
>> 4579-glassfish-fastinfoset-1.2.12-9.el7
>> 4703-hamcrest-1.3-6.el7
>> 4948-ipxe-20130517-6.gitc4bce43.el7
>> 4949-irqbalance-1.0.7-1.el7
>> 4978-java_cup-0.11a-16.el7
>> 5024-junit-4.11-8.el7
>> 5127-libcap-ng-0.7.3-5.el7
>> 5532-mesa-10.2.7-5.20140910.el7
>> 5649-objectweb-asm-3.3.1-9.el7
>> 5650-objectweb-asm4-4.0-3.el7
>> 5691-openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7.centos.2
>> 5790-perl-Date-Calc-6.3-13.el7
>> 6170-pyparted-3.9-11.el7
>> 6270-qt-4.8.5-8.el7
>> 6328-sac-1.3-17.el7
>> 6405-softhsm-2.0.0b1-4.el7
>> 6486-telepathy-glib-0.20.4-5.el7
>> 6511-tomcat-7.0.54-1.el7
>> 6588-wsdl4j-1.6.3-3.el7
>> 6589-ws-jaxme-0.5.2-10.el7
>> 6594-xalan-j2-2.7.1-23.el7
>> 6618-xml-commons-apis-1.4.01-16.el7
>> 6619-xml-commons-resolver-1.2-15.el7
>> 6695-atlas-3.10.1-7.el7.centos.0.1
>>
>> You can actually find the root and build logs of those packages here
>> (under the above listed directories):
>>
>> http://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/c7-pass-1-previous-buildlogs/
>>
>> What do we need for people to do to help ... review the build logs for
>> the above packages and figure out what needs to be done to make them
>> build.  Please submit actual fixes to this thread.  I will update the
>> list of packages as we fix them.
>
> Note:  The SRPMS for the above listed packages are here:
>
> http://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/srpm_upload_dir/c7-pass-1/

NOTE: I am going to now look at the KNOW issues from the Red Sleeve
compile here:

http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/el7/7.1/RS7.1_issuelog.html

So, I don't need fixes for anything where the Red Sleeve distro has as fix.

We may also just not do compat-* rpms .. so give those much less effort.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes