[Arm-dev] a plague farm ?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri May 1 08:42:52 UTC 2015

On 04/29/2015 06:46 PM, Jacco Ligthart wrote:
> For RedSleeve7 I patched the stock CentOS/RH kernel until it builded.
> All packages have been build against this kernel-headers.

but if you have patched it out - and assume that the kernel only gets
management / support / maintainence, is there any use in doing that ?
isnt it safer overall to communicate clearly that a newer, self managed
kernel was used ? What you have there certainly does not seem in a state
where you could asset its the distro kernel. Or is it ?

--
Karanbir Singh