[Arm-dev] Building failing C7 ARM packages (atlas)

PixelDrift.NET Sam devnull at pixeldrift.net
Mon Oct 5 12:15:12 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have recently been working through some of the failed CentOS 7 ARM RPM
builds (http://armv7.dev.centos.org/report.html) with the following
successful builds:

atlas (F21) http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=260230
suitesparse (C7)
gegl (C7)
scipy (C7)
gimp (C7)
gsl (C7)
bogofilter (C7)
evolution (C7)
evolution-ews (C7)
evolution-mapi (C7)
gutenprint (C7)
brasero (C7 Modified BuildRequires brasero-devel)
rhythmbox (C7)

With atlas there appears to be a patch in the Fedora stream for the same
version which fixes the armv7 build issue which appears to be blocking this
package in the automated build process:
* Sun Feb 16 2014 Marcin Juszkiewicz <mjuszkiewicz at redhat.com> - 3.10.1-11
- Unbreak AArch64 build. - ARMv8 is different from ARMv7 so should not be
treated as such. Otherwise atlas tries to do some crazy ARMv764 build and
fail.

After building atlas with the fixed package I was able to proceed building
the other listed packages with their original C7 srpms.

Can someone advise on the process for getting the patch from the Fedora
package into C7?

Thanks in advance.

-Sam