[Arm-dev] Building failing C7 ARM packages (atlas)

PixelDrift.NET Sam devnull at pixeldrift.net
Thu Oct 8 09:39:30 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

> On 05/10/15 14:15, PixelDrift.NET Sam wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently been working through some of the failed CentOS 7
> > ARM RPM builds (http://armv7.dev.centos.org/report.html) with the
> > following successful builds:
> >
> > atlas (F21)
> > http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=260230
> > suitesparse (C7) gegl (C7) scipy (C7) gimp (C7) gsl (C7) bogofilter
> > (C7) evolution (C7) evolution-ews (C7) evolution-mapi (C7)
> > gutenprint (C7) brasero (C7 Modified BuildRequires brasero-devel)
> > rhythmbox (C7)
> >

> > With atlas there appears to be a patch in the Fedora stream for the
> > same version which fixes the armv7 build issue which appears to be
> > blocking this package in the automated build process: * Sun Feb 16
> > 2014 Marcin Juszkiewicz <mjuszkiewicz at redhat.com
> > <mailto:mjuszkiewicz at redhat.com>> - 3.10.1-11 - Unbreak AArch64
> > build. - ARMv8 is different from ARMv7 so should not be treated as
> > such. Otherwise atlas tries to do some crazy ARMv764 build and
> > fail.
> >
> > After building atlas with the fixed package I was able to proceed
> > building the other listed packages with their original C7 srpms.
> >
> > Can someone advise on the process for getting the patch from the
> > Fedora package into C7?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > -Sam
> >

> Well, actually sending the patch (for the .spec and also the patch to
> be added -if any- as Source) to this list would be welcome.
> I know that we tried to have it working with the following patch
> already :
> http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c7-buildroot-patched-SRPMS/patches/atlas-spec.patch
> Not sure if that's the patch used by Fedora, would be good to compare.
> Let's try to close that, and then release CentOS 7 for arm32, then
> building all pending updates too. :-)

Thanks Fabian,

The patch looks to be one and the same.

I downloaded the srpm with the patch applied from here
(http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/c7-buildroot-patched-SRPMS/atlas-3.10.1-7.el7.centos.0.1.src.rpm)
and it built cleanly on my armv7 hardware (ODROID XU4).

Is there a build log from the build servers for this patched version?