[Arm-dev] Cubieboard2 - selinux enforcing fails

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Thu Oct 15 08:40:58 UTC 2015

On 15/10/15 10:29, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 10/15/2015 02:53 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 10:27:56AM -0400, Robert Moskowitz
>> wrote:
>>> I had to rebuild me image from scratch, so this time, instead
>>> of permissive, I decided to set enforcing for selinux.
>>>
>>> I powered off and powered back on.  What ever happened (and I
>>> can send the serial console to anyone wanting to review this),
>>> the system rebooted and came back around finally to login.
>>> Once I logged in, I saw that the ethernet was not available.
>>>
>>> So I am going to redo this and just leave selinux to disabled
>>> until we get further along (and someone else tests it out!).
>>>
>>> I am running all my systems behind two firewalls and will just
>>> have to rely on that for now.
>>
>> resurecting an old thread,
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I', curious, What image did you use for the cubie2, you said you
>> rebuild those from scratch, that sounds a bit complex but any
>> guidelines ? My recollection from fedora is that Cubieboard2
>> differes from Cubietruck only by a few uboot parameters (size,
>> location), so do one really need to regenerate the image
>> completely ?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> DV,
>
> The easy way to do this is to use RBF:
>
> https://github.com/mndar/rbf
>
> It just works :)

Afaik, it uses kernel built outside of our env, reason why I asked
earlier on the list how we'd be able to proceed to build "official"
images ...
I don't think we want to use rbf (which I just tested one, and it
failed on me) to build official images with artifacts/rpms coming from
our builders, but at the same time from unknown sources (aka importing
binary packages/kernels) and still call it CentOS image

- --
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab