[Arm-dev] Bind problems

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Sep 1 15:49:48 UTC 2015

I don't believe this and I/we have some serious problems.

When the system boots, the time is jan 1 1970.  The first thing you want
to run is ntp to set the time, but requires named running and resolving.
But it is not resolving the ntp addr.

For the 'fun' of it, I used 'date' to set the time to now, and then no
problem resolving 0.centos.pool.ntp.org.  So there is something about
that resolution that does not like the early date.

So I am caught in a time bind here!

More on this in a separate message.