[Arm-dev] Chronyd alternative - Re: So is this a bug to report - Re:  Re:  Re: System time

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Sep 2 15:12:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> This is not working on a new mSD with only chrony installed and the changes
> listed below.
>
> It works on F22 'out of the box' with these changes.
>
> Got to get this working...

I looked and tested when you posted a similar complaint
yesterday, as to polling from an ntp pool.  The DNS lookups
for
the servers to use from the pool were markedly longer (0.8+
sec) than customary lookups.  Doing it manually, what timings
(non-cached at the providing nameserver -0- may take some
manual cache flushing) for lookups of hostnames, are you
seeing?

-- Russ herrold