[Arm-dev] Newer images

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Sep 11 04:07:04 UTC 2015

On 09/10/2015 09:25 AM, Mandar Joshi wrote:
>> I do not know how to build an image that works via the RBF.
> In your case, since you have both Cubietruck and Cubieboard2, you
> should generate a generic image i.e. a QEMU image and then write it to
> your microSD card using rbfinstaller.py. Choose Cubietruck/Cubieboard2
> depending on the which microSD card you are writing to.
>
> In short, on your current CentOS Cubietruck
> # git clone https://github.com/mndar/rbf.git
> # cd rbf
> # ./rbf.py build templates/qemu.xml
> # ./rbfinstaller.py centos.img /dev/sdb
>

> The README has more details.

Where is the readme?  I am gathering, that ON the Cubietruck, I can
build the generic image.  I trust that this readme has good instructions
for how to do that...

> You can look in the section, "Usage of rbf.py".
> If you want to use QEMU, this doc will be useful
> https://github.com/mndar/rbf/blob/master/doc/QEMU_README.md

I am looking at:

https://github.com/mndar/rbf/blob/master/doc/

ANd see a number of readmes, and trying to figure out the flow. Will the
scripts work on the CT without a GUI?