[Arm-dev] Plague build servers / Compilations

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Thu Sep 24 06:41:08 UTC 2015

On 23/09/15 20:56, Nicolas Repentin wrote:
> Hello Jacco
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> Thanks for all these infos ;)
>

> I tried to compil some dependancy with F19 srpm: - gsl: succeeded -
> libibverbs: succeeded - libibumad: succeeded
>

> Testing after satisfaying dependancy: - hwloc:succeeded. Fabian can
> you requeue job 6799? - ibacm: succeeded. Fabian can you requeue
> job 6875? - bogofilter: succeeded. Fabian can you requeue job
> 6743?
>

> I will check tomorrow and start other builds :)

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks a lot for having a look at this.
So it seems you built the first packages from f19 srpm[s]. But I can't
just requeue the three builds you mention, as they still depends on
other packages, and your build artifacts aren't available for the
c7-pass-1 build env.

I so had a quick look and here are the buildrequires (each time with
other build requires for package) for
hwloc:
  libibverbs
    valgrind
      openmpi
        valgrind (and other ones, like libiverbs too) => circular
build dep

So let me then just try to
 * rebuild openmpi (from f19, against f19+c7)
 * inject it in buildroot (_staging)
 * try to then rebuild valgrind, libibverbs, hwloc, etc

That's probably what we need to look at : (circular build deps) and
just having a look at http://armv7.dev.centos.org/report.html (and so
the build and root logs) would help finding such cases/issues.

I'm myself working on some other infra things, but ping me here or on
irc if you find something else

Cheers, and thanks for helping pushing the armv7hl build effort
forward :-)

- --
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab