[Arm-dev] sernet Samba AD progress

Mon Sep 7 14:42:33 UTC 2015

Just to let you know that I have made considerable progress with the
Centos7-armv7 based server on a cubietruck.

There is a LOT of services that are needed for a Samba AD:

Time keeping - I am using Chrony
DNS - Bind
DHCP - dhcpd
Samba/ldap/kerberos - sernet

cups is installed, but I am going to remove it from the AD.

Lots of steps to get all this working.  One of the regulars on the Samba
list gave me a script to handle the dyndns via dhcp.  He had to change
what he had to work with Centos.

The point here is I am exercising more than just the Sernet code that
Nicolas so kindly built for me.

I also have cups installed, but I am going to change my smb.conf to
remove printing support on the AD; the file server should do that, so
that is one less service needed.  Right now with it I am seeing:

# free
               total        used        free      shared buff/cache
available
Mem:        2062396      174948     1647400 24824      240048     1832628
Swap:        999420           0      999420

So it should run on a Cubieboard2 with only 1Gb memory.