[Arm-dev] Unable to get X working on respberry pi centOs

Sam Bruner sabruner3 at juno.com
Sun Apr 3 23:46:32 UTC 2016

I downloaded the raspberry pi 2 centOs image.  It was supposed to support X.  The minimal image did not contain X or a desktop.  I tried to install X and was not successful.  I then tried to install gnome desktop from the available yum groups.

I got the error

Java-1.7.0-openjdk-headless-1.7.0.95-2.6.4.0.el7.armu7hl (updates)

Requires libations-headless-X11-2.0.so.0

I searched all available packages for this file and did not find one with the sources configured in the base image for yum libraries.

How can I get X and a web browser run on the centOs respberry pi 2.

I really would like gnome or kde.

Sent from my iPad