[Arm-dev] Missing packages/groups in armhfp repo

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Apr 5 08:05:41 UTC 2016

On 05/04/16 05:25, OM Ugarcina wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> This is another me too . I have been working with the Bananapi image on
> my R1 , and have noticed the same patchy repo situation . Lots of
> packages do not have the devel component . Some of the packages such as
> dhcp , have the client part but not the server package .  Which is
> strange because when you compile the src rpm all those packages will be
> built . However it looks like they are not making it into the repo .
>
> Best Regards
> Milorad

Reason was that even if a package is built, it doesn't mean that it's
installable, as there is no "repoclosure" so pkgs that are listed as
Requires: for pkgA isn't available built.
You'll find the raw output (logs and rpm packages) on :
- http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/ (built and available .rpm pkgs)
- http://armv7.dev.centos.org/rpmbuild/ (build logs and so where to
search for failed pkgs)

Thanks to some people having a look at that recently (thanks a lot
Henrik !) and sending patches to either this list, or discussing that in
#arm-dev on freenode, we were able to build other pkgs, and slowly then
be able to move previously built pkgs to updates repo (as deps were now
available)

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab