[Arm-dev] Grub2 delays and pxe timeouts on aarch64/arm64

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Thu Apr 7 00:05:53 UTC 2016

There appears to be an upstream issue with grub2 and the uefi pxe
implementation. This will cause exceptionally slow boot times for anyone
using pxe on aarch64/arm64 systems(and in some cases x86_64 if I'm
reading this right).

We're working to see how this can best be addressed. It's possible that
we may have to wait for the 'official' fix to come in the 7.3 sources,
but if we can fix it sooner in a clean fashion we will.

For anyone interested in taking a swing at applying (and sharing) the
patch to the 7.2 grub2 codebase before we're able to put out a fix, the
upstream thread can be found here ->
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2015-04/msg00065.html

--
Jim Perrin