[Arm-dev] Server ready

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Thu Apr 21 11:30:11 UTC 2016

On 20/04/16 19:09, Fahad wrote:
> Seeing the centos support for the Raspberry Pi is what got me to go a
> head and by the new Pi3. However, is there an estimated date when it
> will be ready to be used for servers with all the packages?
>
> I am currently running ownCloud (Nginx + php + MariaDB) on RPi2 with
> Fedora 23 it runs smooth with no issues at all but I don't want the
> bleeding edge tools and the frequent updates and would love to go back
> to CentOS.
>
> Love the work you guys do.

Hi,

Well, in your specific example, some pkgs aren't coming from [base] :
nginx isn't provided by CentOS, but through EPEL for "normal" arch like
x86_64.

As there is *no* armhfp support at the EPEL level, we tested a massive
rebuild and I see that nginx built successfully :
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/nginx/1.6.3-8.el7/armv7hl/
(please note that those pkgs aren't signed at all, but still available
publicly for your convenience :
http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/ )

php and mariadb are already available in [base]/[updates]

What else are you searching for ?
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab