[Arm-dev] Cubieboard 5 (aka CubieTruck Plus)

Andreas Reschke arm_ml at rirasoft.de
Sat Apr 30 20:13:26 UTC 2016

Am 23.03.2016 um 16:19 schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> On 23/03/16 15:04, arm_ml at rirasoft.de wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm getting in the next days my new board. Is there a working image for
>> Cubieboard 5 (aka CubieTruck Plus)?
> I believe the cubie truck image should work on this, if not - we can try
> to piece one together once you have hardware access.
>
> regards

Hi there,
now the board is on my table. On the builtin eMMC is a version of
Android booting very fast. I've tested follow images without any success:
- CentOS-aarch64.img
- CentOS-Userland-7-armv7hl-Minimal-1511-CubieTruck.img

The only image i've found is
linaro-desktop-cubietruck-plus-card-dp-v1.1.img. But I don't think its a
real aarch64 Image:

linaro at cubietruck-plus:~$ uname -a
Linux cubietruck-plus 3.4.39 #7 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 1 09:34:33 CST 2016
armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
linaro at cubietruck-plus:~$
I think this should be armv8l ?

Is there any howto to create/build a aarch64 Image on a Cubieboard 5 ?

Greetings
Andreas