[Arm-dev] Missing packages/groups in armhfp repo

Sun Apr 3 14:31:31 UTC 2016
Gordan Bobic <gordan at redsleeve.org>

On 2016-04-03 15:12, Adam Bishop wrote:
> I just deployed the raspberry pi image for some testing and found a
> couple of rough edges with the armhfp port.
>
> Mock doesn't work out of the box; it'd be nice if it shipped with a
> working config file, but after having written one builds are failing
> because the @buildsys-build yum group is not available.

Funnily enough, I pointed out the exact same thing a week or two ago.
The response was that this group is no longer used and the packages
are instead included in the base root - except that clearly isn't
what actually happens.

> I can probably
> work around this by specifying the list of packages needed for the
> buildroot manually, but I suspect that the group may not exist because
> some required packages are missing.

They exist, at least on aarch64 and armv5tel (RedSleeve), so it is
a virtual certainty they are there on c7 armhf. What you need is:
http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/el6/6.7/comps.xml
and make a dummy empty repository out of it:
createrepo -g comps.xml .

Add that path to that repo to your mock repositories, and all will
start working just fine.

> I've confirmed that httpd-devel and apr-devel are not present in the
> repository; is this an oversight or is there a problem building them
> for arm?

Interesting, they are missing on armhf, but they are there on
aarch64. :-/

Gordan