[Arm-dev] CentOS 7 on Odroid C2

Wed Apr 13 21:12:07 UTC 2016
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 04/12/2016 11:11 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 04/12/2016 10:09 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
>> Some others seem to find this just as interesting, and it appears
>> that one has done it at this point. See
>> https://github.com/umiddelb/aarch64/wiki/Install-CentOS-7-on-the-ODROID-C2
>
> Nice! Thanks for digging this up.

You're welcome.  I didn't have an eMMC card (to run the Debian building
system) and so I've ordered one so that I can use it to build C7 out to
SD card.  I have a couple of C2's now and have just been setting up the
initial Debian build env for the kernel build on one of the SD cards I
have, using the UART console as well as SSH. I'm using the 'meveric'
Debian Jessie for C2 available at
http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/images/Jessie/Debian-Jessie64-1.0~RC2-2016-03-10-C2.img.xz

So, once the eMMC module comes in I'll install the meveric Jessie image
and do the build and then create a prelim C7 image for SD for testing.