[Arm-dev] EPEL 7 for ARM

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Wed Aug 3 08:33:55 UTC 2016

On 28/07/16 00:51, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 27/07/16 15:30, Jacob Carey wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> About a year ago, someone posted here and asked if there were plans for CentOS to host a repository for EPEL7 for ARM. I can't find any more recent discussions so my question is - what can I do to help maintain/introduce such an auxiliary repository?
>
> Fabian started working on it, with results here :
> http://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/ its just a rpmbuild run
> through all of epel at the time, i am sure he could use some help ( or
> actually, I think it would be great to have someone from the community
> space step up and just take ownership of this )
>
> Regards

Yes, at the moment it's more a less a (dumb) wrapper script that :
- rsync epel SRPMS and watch new packages
- submit those in the epel build queue (plague build farm)

We initially launched that as some people had a need for specific pkgs
from Epel for their CentOS armhfp installs (like openvpn, etc)
My hope was that it would be then be built "officially" upstream (so
Epel level) but I don't know their plan

gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab