[Arm-dev] supported 64bit hardware

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Dec 6 14:13:47 UTC 2016

On 12/06/2016 06:46 AM, Uli Middelberg wrote:
> Am 06.12.2016 um 10:15 schrieb Jacco Ligthart:
>> The building was a bit troublesome, as it did not work with the standard gcc in CentOS7. So I also rebuild a newer gcc from SCL.
> This is really nasty. Is there an easy way the get a gcc5 compiler for CentOS? Instead of building the gcc from source I
> fire up an Ubuntu Docker Container each time ...

As I recall, 4.9.2 is required for the ODroid C2's kernel.  CentOS 7
ships 4.8.5; 4.9.2 is in the devtoolset-3 Software Collection for CentOS
7 (RPM packaged for x86_64 but not aarch64).  Is a gcc5 ok for building
the Hardkernel kernel now?  It wasn't the last time I looked.

I actually went through a more convoluted process to get my kernels;
having a real kernel RPM for the C2 kernel would be fantastic.  If
devtoolset-3 was packaged for aarch64 this would be pretty easy.