[Arm-dev] supported 64bit hardware

Uli Middelberg uli at middelberg.de
Thu Dec 15 08:05:30 UTC 2016

Am 14.12.2016 um 19:31 schrieb Fabian Arrotin:

> Interesting, as someone was asking for odroidc2 armhfp image on irc
> (directly to me) (yeah, I know, "hijacking" the 64bit hardware) : does
> that kernel support being built for armv7 too the same way ? (and
> without any devtoolset pkg ?)
> If so, we can even consider building an image for it too (assuming that
> it's a sane and reproducible build)

Some people prefer running a 32bit armhfp userland against the 64bit C2 aarch64 kernel, since some 64bit packages still suffer from performance / stability issues. Ubuntu and Debian support having packages from multiple architectures mixed up in one userland (multiarch), so its quite easy to run e.g. a 32bit Firefox browser within a 64bit xenial xerus. The kernel itself has to be 64bit, afaik.

At this time, the C2 kernel of choice is still a 3.14 vendor kernel from HK. Mainline boots up fine but crashes under some load.

How about providing a sbc/board agnostic CentOS userland (like Jim did for aarch64, see http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/aarch64/CentOS-7-aarch64-rootfs-1606.tar.xz)? I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers
Uli