[Arm-dev] RPI-3 64-bit image (was: supported 64bit hardware)

Tue Dec 6 17:44:27 UTC 2016
Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com>

> While I can't promise anything yet, we should also have a patchset
> coming that would enable 64bit support for the rpi3 for everything
> except graphics. The upstream graphics driver isn't as stable as I'd
> like so I'm looking at restricting that to console only for now.

+1.

The RIP3 has been a total disappointment for me. Its runs as slowly as
a BeagleBoard, BananaPi or CubieTruck. I continuously run benchmarks
against a HiKey, Pine64, ODROID-C2, RaspberryPi-3, BeagleBoard,
BananaPi and CubieTruck

It also suffers obscure runtime crashes when attempting to compile
with ARMv8 features, like CRC and Crypto.

An Aarch64 image would be very welcomed.

Jeff