[Arm-dev] SElinux st failed

Fri Dec 23 15:54:04 UTC 2016

> On 12/23/2016 09:58 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> On 23/12/16 02:49, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> This is on a Cubieboard2 with the OS on a sata HD:
>>>
>>> I followed the instructions on the wiki
>>>
>>> vi /etc/sysconfig/selinux <- change from "permissive" to "enforcing"
>>> vi /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf <- change the "enforce=0" to
>>> "enforce=1"
>>> touch /.autorelabel
>>>
>>> I then rebooted and the following appears on the console log:
>>>
>>> [  OK  ] Reached target Switch Root.
>>>           Starting Switch Root...
>>> [   10.682159] systemd-journald[129]: Received SIGTERM from PID 1
>>> (systemd).
>>> [   11.306507] systemd[1]: Failed to load SELinux policy.
>>> [!!!!!!] Failed to load SELinux policy, freezing.
>>>

>>> Note that /boot is sda1 and / is sda3
>>>
>>> I am awaiting guidance.
>>>
>>> thank you
>>>
>> Hmm, the way I do it is :
>> - ensure enforce=1 in extlinux.conf (but keep /etc/sysconfig/selinux to
>> permissive)
>> - touch /.autorelabel && systemc reboot
>>
>> Than wait and when it's finally online, "setenforce 1" and then
>> /etc/sysconfig/selinux to enforcing
>
> Then, perhaps you need to adjust the wiki.
>
> I will change things back and retry.

Looks like just switching back to permissive and enforce=0 does not set
everything back.

[  OK  ] Started Tell Plymouth To Write Out Runtime Data.
[FAILED] Failed to start Import network configuration from initramfs.
See 'systemctl status rhel-import-state.service' for details.

*** Warning -- SELinux permissive policy relabel is required.
*** Relabeling could take a very long time, depending on file
*** system size and speed of hard drives.
Error getting authority: Error initializing authority: Could not
connect: No suc
h file or directory (g-io-error-quark, 1)
[   24.400218] systemd-shutdown[1]: Sending SIGTERM to remaining
processes...

.
.
.
[  OK  ] Started NTP client/server.
[FAILED] Failed to start Login Service.
See 'systemctl status systemd-logind.service' for details.
[FAILED] Failed to start firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon.
See 'systemctl status firewalld.service' for details.

Looks like back to rebuild HD from image and go forward again.  Try your
steps and check Gordons packages are installed....

Bob