[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Michael Howard

mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 12:15:24 UTC 2016

On 23/02/2016 11:58, Phong Vo wrote:
> I see that CentOS installer somehow does not detect network, so it gives
> text-based installation.
> However, once installation is finished, check your
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
> (or something similar).
>
> Make sure
> BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> ONBOOT=y
>
> Change ONBOOT to y and reboot should get network working.

Hi,

Yes, I did that but it was still no go. The problem with the installed
system was that I hadn't set the hardware address in UEFI (set MAC0
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx), after that networking worked.

The installer still didn't detect a connection on any of the nics,
though I could assign an ip manually at the shell. Editing grub command
line before running the installer cured that issue.

Cheers,

--
Mike Howard