[Arm-dev] Hummingboard

Mon Feb 1 20:20:45 UTC 2016
Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com>

>>  Can anybody help me get Centos7 running on that? So far I tried
>> the CentOS-Userland-7-armv7hl-Minimal-1511-RaspberryPi2.img.xz and
>> the CentOS-7-aarch64.img.xz I haven't tested in any detail so far
>> but both showed nothing on the screen.
>
> One thing to keep in mind is that there is a big diff between
> armhfp/armv7hl and aarch64, so testing the aarch64 img on that board
> (armhfp) will not work.

A good ARM64/AARCH64 board is LeMaker's HiKey
(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019O3QTSA). It provides real hardware for
the architecture and its inexpensive. I believe the folks on this list
recommended the HiKey for me.

I use the HiKey for testing of Crypto++ and OpenSSL on real hardware.
Prior to that, I was struggling through Debian QEMU's and chroot's.
The problem was Crypto++ would get bad code generation out of GCC on
occasion, but the debugger was broken so we could not investigate the
problems. With the real hardware the GDB pain points went away.

Jeff