[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Sat Feb 20 04:06:08 UTC 2016
Phong Vo <pvo at apm.com>

In theory, you just need to convert CentOS vmlinuz to uImage, then do U-boot
boot using the dtb and
CentOS initrd.img; but somehow it hangs on me. I'll need to dig into it
further.

I am not aware that it was shipped only with U-boot. If you want to try with
UEFI, take it from my dropbox

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20403943/mp30ar0_tianocore_binaries.tar.xz

mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img: burn to SPI NOR if you want to replace U-boot
permanently

But if you want to chain boot from the existing U-boot,
# setenv num_cores 1
# reset

# setenv load_tianocore 'tftp 0x4002000000
${user_dir}/mp30ar0_tianocore_ubt.fd;tftp 0x1d000000
${user_dir}/mp30ar0_tianocore_sec_ubt.fd'
# setenv run_tianocore 'go 0x1d000000'
# run load_tianocore run_tianocore

To install CentOS 7.2, the fastest would be to take
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7.2.1511/isos/aarch64/CentOS-7-aarch64-Everything.iso

and image it on a USB drive ~8GB
  dd if=CentOS-7-aarch64-Everything.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=1M

Insert the USB drive to the board,
+ boot tianocore to prompt
+ select Shell (it should display a list of storage FS0, FS1, FS2, etc. and
note the USB)
+ type FS0: (or FS1: if that does not work)
+ type EFI\BOOT\BOOTAA64.EFI

and this should bring you to the CentOS installer prompt.