[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Mon Feb 22 13:17:08 UTC 2016
Michael Howard <mike at dewberryfields.co.uk>

On 22/02/2016 11:50, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> It seems a little odd that the installer would put the kernel somewhere
> other than the target installation disk.

I agree but the board no longer boots.

> Having UEFI on-board I can
> understand, but shouldn't the boot sequence in this case be:
>
> 1) u-boot (on-board)
> 2) UEFI (wherever u-boot can fetch it from)
> 3) grub (off the UEFI FAT partition on the target disk)
> 4) Kernel (/boot partition)

Perhaps it should be.

> Is there a good reason for deviating from this?

To be honest, I don't know. To quote the manual, "The system wills entry
OpenLinux automatically if no any boot devices exist. (ex. SD card/USB
memory stick/SATA hard disk)" and that was the case prior to my attempt
to install centos.

I'm not bothered about not being able to boot into OpenLinux. I'll try a
few more things.

--
Mike Howard