[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Tue Feb 23 12:07:29 UTC 2016
Michael Howard <mike at dewberryfields.co.uk>

On 23/02/2016 11:53, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On 2016-02-23 11:47, Michael Howard wrote:

>>> Sweet! Now I just have to try to scrape together enough to get
>>> me one of those cometh pay day. :-D

>>> I'll see if I can do something about that when mine arrives. It
>>> would be nice to have it working the same way x86 UEFI works.
>>>
>> With my pre-occupation with having no networking, I gave you some bum
>> info.
>
> Oh... No NIC driver? Or something else missing?

No, not a driver issue. On my first install the installer just wouldn't
accept that the nic(s) were indeed connected. After the install the
system recognised that eth0, eth1 & eth2 existed but they each had a
hardware address of ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff and no ip address. To resolve that
I needed to set the hardware addresses in UEFI and they then shone
through. They were correctly set in u-boot.

The installer still wouldn't accept the nic(s) were connected even when
set in UEFI. I could assign an ip using the installer shell on [F2] but
by then the installer had given up on vnc. In the end, I edited the grub
command line and appended ip, netmask, gateway and vnc, after which I
got a gui install over vnc. Don't yet know if X11 works on the installed
system, I haven't tried.

Cheers,

--
Mike Howard