[Arm-dev] Rasberry Pi 3

Mon Feb 29 10:07:39 UTC 2016
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 29/02/16 10:31, johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> just got this. For those who haven't heard already
>
> <http://www.cyberciti.biz/hardware/raspberry-pi-3-model-b-specs-pricing/>http://www.cyberciti.biz/hardware/raspberry-pi-3-model-b-specs-pricing

Yes, and I just ordered one from a belgian reseller that had it on
stock, so hopefully I'll be able to get it this week and see what we can
do with it.
At first sight, one can still use armv7hl distribution on it, even if
the processor is armv8 (and so would support aarch64).

From
https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-80964?ICID=rpimain-crosspromo-bullet)
:
"Is the Raspberry Pi 3 benefiting from ARMv8 or ARMv7 architecture?

The Raspberry Pi 3 uses the latest BRCM2837 processor, containing a quad
64 bit A53 processor running at 1.2GHz.  The processor instruction set
is compatible with the ARMv8-A architecture which includes backwards
compatibility with the previous ARMv7-A architecture.  The Raspbian
distribution will only support ARMv7-A instruction set but other
distributions will be able to take further advantage of the ARMv8-A
instructions and 64 bit support."

So let's see :-)
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab