[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Mon Feb 29 16:02:06 UTC 2016
Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org>

You'll be able to get a graphical interface on some cards that don't require POSTing by the EFI "BIOS". Cards that do require this (eg on x86) contain EFI ROM code compiled for x86 that won't be run on ARM (this is being fixed). But the Tianocore on that board isn't setup to do a graphical console anyway even if that works. So this is why you won't get graphics until after boot when the installer starts - if you have a card that can self-initialize. That's many modern ones but not always "some random play card I had left lying around" that folks often use when testing.

Marcin in the Fedora community has many good points on his blog around cards he has tested.

Jon.

--
Computer Architect | Sent from my 64-bit #ARM Powered phone