[Arm-dev] List of 64-bit hardware for testing?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jan 4 14:26:37 UTC 2016

Got my Nano Lite running Fedora23 which is the first step before testing
with Centos7.  On caveat, see below:

On 12/25/2015 01:58 PM, Troy Dawson wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Robert Moskowitz
> <rgm at htt-consult.com <mailto:rgm at htt-consult.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 12/25/2015 11:18 AM, Troy Dawson wrote:
>>     Hi,
>>     Have you looked at the pcduino3 nano lite.
>>     $15 and it looks like it meets all your specs.
>>
>>     http://www.amazon.com/pcDuino-pcDuino3-Nano-Lite/dp/B00ZEPZGQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451059734&sr=8-1&keywords=pcduino3+nano+lite
>>
>>     It has everything in the kernel and uboot and works with Fedora
>>     23 with no modifications.
>>     I've got Yor Linux armv7 build working on it, so I'm quite
>>     certain it will work with CentOS arm build, but I have not tested it.
>>
>>     There are two downsides to this board.
>>     1 - the sata (and power cable) are sold separately
>
>     Ah, I see it does have a sata port.  I missed that the first time.
>
>     And it looks like it has the 5V power out that will hopefully
>     power any HD up to 1A.
>
>     If it uses the same uboot as the pcduino 3 nano, then I can take
>     the Cubietruck image and dd the appropriate uboot and boot.
>
>     Have you tested it?   The big test is to only have uboot on a 4Gb
>     mSD and the whole image on the Sata HD and see if it switches over
>     like the Cubieboard does.  Otherwise there is a lot of
>     customization needed.
>

> Yes, I've tested it.  It used the same uboot and kernel dtd as the
> pcduino 3 nano.
> I have a couple of the pcduino 3 nano machines and ordered a couple of
> the lite's, so I've used both.  I used the nano uboot on the lite and
> it worked with no modifications.  I also did nothing with the kernel
> and it worked great.
>

>     I am assuming those 3 posts off to the side are for the serial
>     console. Nice that they put it off to the side.  But that would
>     mess up a case somewhat.

I cannot get the serial console working.  I have follow the schematic at:

http://learn.linksprite.com/pcduino/quick-start/pcduino8/explanation-of-headers-of-pcduino3-nano/

To connect a USB/TTL adapter and run (as I do for my Cubieboards)

screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

And nothing.  So I really want to have this working to bring up C7 on it
for testing.