[Arm-dev] cheap adapter for the serial ports

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 5 12:57:04 UTC 2016

On 01/05/2016 06:40 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 01/05/2016 01:15 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>>
>> I was interested in the supplier you use since I am not really keen
>> on testing the quality ( I did had issues
> read that as "did buy and had issues"

I have ~15 of the CP2102 units installed.  So far, no problems. Unless
that is my problem with the Nano.

They power up nicely from the notebook USB and I have console in a
terminal window.  Though 'screen /dev/ttyUSB0 nnnn' requires root
privledges.  Being in Wheel group is not enough.

I have also plugged a few of them into a USB hub, but it has to be
powered for more than 2.  Plus you never know which system is which
numbered ttyUSBn.